Green energy is the way to save our suffering planet!
Let us show you how . . .
Nowadays, everybody talks about alternative energy and the new environmental technologies. Why do they do so? What is the problem they are trying to solve? and Why do they have to solve it right now?
Did you like GTW.net!|
Please consider helping us keep going the next year!
|What's new on GTW.net?|
Visit The Green Blog...
Well, it's a long story, but lets keep it simple:
During the industrial revolution, when actually humans started to burn fossil fuels to move trains for example, they started to emit the well known greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. That has been happening for a long period of time and unfortunately harmed the environment in a global scale.
That resulted in two major problems:
- Destruction of the environmental infrastructures.
- Lag of fossil fuels.
Environment suffers from a big variety of problems, caused by the burning procedures, such as:
It is a patient who needs his medication immediately!
Lag of fossil fuels:
- The greenhouse effect
- The ozone layer hole
- Global Warming
- Ice Melting
- Air Pollution
- Oxide Rain
- Many more
Unfortunately, Governments are not worried about the environmental problems. The truth is, that they are recently searching for alternative solutions
because of the current energy crisis, and the one yet to come!
International Energy Outlook 2007 and the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks:
- Global demand for all energy sources will grow about 57% within 25 years.
- U.S. energy demand is going to increase by 31% within 25 years.
- By 2030, Asia will be using 56% of the global energy.
- U.S. Electricity needs will increase by at least 40% by 2032.
- 85% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions result from the use of fossil fuels to produce energy.
If we consider that the majority of power produced today comes from fossil fuels, and the fact that they are not unlimited, everybody can see that prices are going to be rising day by day, and that the upcoming crisis will be brutal.
To solve issues like those mentioned above, scientists tend to design new technologies to use the renewable sources like the sun or the wind. They also try to keep the power consumption as low as possible creating more efficient designs.
The good news is that those technologies help us power up our houses with a lower cost per day for an infinite period of time while crude oil prices keep going higher and higher.
So, what do we do here? We just discuss the ways to bring that alternative technologies to our homes. We find out how to make nature work for us, while it does not harm neither the environment nor our pocket.
Who does "we", refer to?
Lets start with me, the author and web-master of this site:
My name is Charalambos Rossides. I was born in 1989, currently a student in National Technical University of Athens. I am studying Electrical and Computers Engineering, focusing on the design of renewable energy technologies.
I was born in Cyprus, a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea. Thank God, Cyprus is extremely hot in summer, and relatively cold in winter. Thus, I was always looking for the best solutions to isolate my house, and the ways I could take advantage of that disturbing sun. So, here i am, I am studying to transform my hobbie and make it my job, and I am also trying to share it with everyone else...
And who is everybody else? Who does "us", refer to...
You may not have imagined that yet, but it is YOU! I expect that you are going to tell me your concerns about everything comes in your mind while surfing our site. I am pretty sure that, just the time you will be reading each of the articles listed in the sitemap, an idea or a question will suddenly hit your mind. PLEASE, feel free to share it with us. Put your own pieces on our global puzzle and spread the knowledge.
Eventually, this is the purpose of OUR SITE, isn't it?
- Green-The-World.net Sitemap
- Search G.T.W
- Search Green-The-World.net
- Definition of energy. Different Forms and Sources.
- Energy is divided in a banch of forms like kinetic or electrical. We can get it from lots of sources, some of which are renewable and others are not. But what is actually the definition of energy?
- What is Renewable Energy?
- The conservation of energy principle says that energy can not be destroyed. So what is Renewable Energy refering to?
- DIY Solar Panels
- DIY solar panels and produce your own free electricity! Find out how to build your home-made solar panels for peanuts, and make your energy provider pay you for the electricity you will produce.
- Sustainable Energy is the key to a Greener Future!
- Sustainable energy will play the most important role in the future of our planet. It is the green way of thinking which does not force the next generation to inherit our crimes.
- Green eBooks
- Electronic green products of www.green-the-world.net
- Going green is simple!
- Going green is as simple as walking to the local bakery. It's all about choices and the right way of thinking.
- This is the place for your own green articles
- Articles written by Green-The-World.net fans
- Green Sites
- Have a look at some really GREAT green sites!
- Green It!
- Green-the-world.net lunches the "Green It!" program aiming to clean up the earth. Help us collect data about any dirty places, areas you think that we should plant trees there, or places of great natu
- Subscribe to "The Green Newsletter"
- Subscribe to "The Green Newsletter" and receive regular updates from Green-The-World.net
- The Green Blog
- The Green Blog will keep you up to date with the changes occur on www.Green-The-World.net. Find out about energy issues and the way we can save our planet at home.
- G.T.W.net Disclaimer
- Contact Us
- Contact www.green-the-world.net
- Contribute to Energy
- Would you like to share your knowledge about energy? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.