Going green is simple and easy.
It only depends on the way we think!
Going green doesn't mean you need to freeze during the winter or stay in the darkness throughout the night. We can introduce lots of small and easy changes in our everyday life that will make the difference. It's not difficult to choose the CFL instead of the incandescent. It's not expensive to buy some solar lights for your garden.
|Do you have any innovative green tips of your own? Share them here|
Some actions might be that simple that we don't even notice. However they DO make the change. A solar powered calculator for instance, won't save that much energy, but it will cultivate the green way of thinking to the children! Well, that is an accomplishment...
Going Green at HomeReduce energy consumption
- Turn off the lightsWhen you leave a room, you don't need any light there.
- Don't leave electronics on stand-by modeThey will not stop using electricity. It is better to completely switch off all appliances. A plug-board with a switch will do the job.
- Close the fridge doorDon't leave heat go away. Going green at home is that easy!
Choose your shopping wisely
- Always full up the washerDo not waste water and electricity to run a dish or clothe washer when it is almost empty. Lower temperatures will save you energy as well.
- Buy recycled productsTo reduce the natural resources used all over the world.
- Don't buy over-packed productsThat not only minimises our impact on nature, but it reduces the waste produced too.
- Buy products in large (economic) packages5 bottles of 1Liter produce lots more garbage than one bottle of 5Liters. Isn't that clear?
- Buy native productsIf something is produced somewhere nearby, then the CO2 emissions due to the transportation will decrease significantly. Thus, they will be cheaper too.
- Buy organic productsThese food is healthier because no toxic pesticides are used during its production. As a result, these chemicals won't penetrate and pollute the underground aquifers.
- Prefer eco-friendly cleaning liquidsBiodegradable cleaners don't pollute the environment.
- Avoid AerosolsThey contain CFC gases which are extremely dangerous for the ozone layer.
- Prefer Bio-plasticsIf left out in nature, they will degrade easily.
- Dispose your waste properlyBatteries, toxic fluids etc. must be handled in a specific way.
- Reduce Reuse RecycleThe 3 Rs. Reducing and Reusing the packages, containers and every kind of product that is going to be disposed, minimises the trash produced. Recycling the garbage will save the natural sources from exhaustion.
- Plant a treeLets Green-The-World. Trees filter air and reduce CO2 in the atmosphere.
- Notify the authoritiesIf you see something bad. It might be a company polluting the environment or a leak on an oil tank. Make sure that it will be fixed as soon as possible. Also, If you know of a trashy place, use our Green It! project to inform us. We will do the rest.
- Install a wind turbineIt will do the same thing. Where on earth doesn't the wind blow?
More info on wind energy.
- What about a solar water heaterYou just place it on your roof and it heats up the water. It's that simple.
Going Green at WorkTransportation
- Walk to your jobNot only it is greener, but it is also cheaper and healthier!
- Get a bikeIt is faster and easier than walking.
Get a greener job
- Get an electric or hybrid carIt might be more expensive but it is the most convenient of all the above.
- Prefer the most eco-friendly companyIf you can choose, go to the company that respects the environment.
Become greener at work
- Work at homeCheck out Solo Build It. Whatever you do, whatever you like, you can do it at home, at your own comfort and time schedule.
- Use less paperTry to save paper. Do not print your digital files, e-mails etc.
- RecycleMake sure that the office's or other waste are properly disposed.
- Move as less as possibleIf you use a vehicle, try organise your jobs and drive less.
- Energy from gymsNew technologies use the exercise of people at gyms to produce electricity.
P.S. Here are just some ideas that help us in going green in our everyday lives. Of course there are a lot more. It's up to you to think green and help save our planet through small and easy everyday actions.
More green ideas and products to help you help us green the world at www.environmentfriendly.ca
Share your own Green Tips!
Have you come up with any great green tips? Do you have any pictures showing your ideas in action? Share them with us and help people green the world.
Your Green Tips
Click below to see more Green tips from other visitors...
Think Green Not rated yet
During the past few years, I have been thinking "green"...
Why am I saying this? Because "green" is a way of thinking, an alternative way of living. …
Click here to write your own.